SigOpt for Education
“Searching for believable parameters is a laborious process. Before using SigOpt, I had to guess and check the best parameters. Now, SigOpt automates all of that and I receive updates on my phone, so I can spend time completing other necessary parts of the research process.”
- Dr. George Chen, Assistant Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
SigOpt is committed to advancing and enabling academic research, and we are active contributors to the community ourselves.
We offer access to SigOpt to academics using our platform for research or coursework purposes at Universities, National Labs, and other non-profit research institutions, free of charge. Some of our users include researchers at the following institutions:
- Rey-Villamizar, Nicolas and Shreshtha, Prasha and Solorio, Thamar. A Semi-supervised Approach for the CLPsych 2016 Shared Task. University of Houston.
- Korolev, Maksim and Ruegg, Kurt. Gradient Boosted Trees to Predict Store Sales. Harvard University and Stanford University.
For Professors, Researchers, Post-Docs, and Doctoral Candidates, whether for the classroom or research purposes, we encourage you to apply for free access to an enterprise account, which provides access to more experiments, more observations, and more features. For a full list of benefits, see our pricing page.
For students, our standard plan includes all of the features of our “Starter” package, with the following upgrades:
- 10 experiments per month
- 10 parameters per experiment
- 300 observations per experiment
- Categorical parameters